Martin & Co Plymouth
Not just another estate agent. Martin & Co Plymouth is a locally owned estate agents which provides full letting agent and sales agent services. It is owned and operated by seasoned landlord and residential property specialists Chris and Merolyn Whitaker. Martin & Co Plymouth aims to make letting or selling your property as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. We feel passionately about providing the kind of service that we ourselves would expect, backed up by a very considered and well researched view of the Plymouth property market and delivered with absolute integrity.
Backed by 25 years experience in the estate agency industry of Martin & Co (UK) PLC and over 300 offices nationwide, we are in an unrivaled position to be able to offer the expert advice expected of an agent specialising in Lettings, Sales and Property Management.
With Martin & Co Plymouth you really are able to have the best of both worlds the support and reach of a national network with the bespoke, personal touch of an independently owned and run local estate agents office. We provide free property valuations and would be delighted to come and give you a full market appraisal of your home and requirements.
What we stand for
- Effective Communication - we understand the challenges of being a landlord and of selling property. Having built a property portfolio over the course of the past 15 years, we have dealt with letting agents across the country who have been good, bad and indifferent. We aim to ensure that you are kept appraised of any developments with your property and tenants, both during the tenancy and when the time comes to re-let. We believe that good communication is vital and we will communicate with you as you would like us to, whether that is by phone/text/email or letter. Any property appraisal we conduct for you will be well researched and provide a realistic view of the best possible valuation of your property.
- Value for Money - we understand that all landlords are different in terms of the service levels that they require. We will discuss the support you feel that you need and tailor a solution based around this.
- Integrity - unlike our competitors, we don t mark-up property maintenance work. We continue to look for the best value service for you and ensure that the local tradesmen that we employ deliver this. We take no cut when fixing problems that you may encounter. We think that our terms of business are straight forward and without ambiguity. We hide nothing and you can rely upon us to have an honest dialogue with you. We provide realistic property valuations as part of our very thorough appraisals process.
- Minimised Void Periods - as fellow landlords, we know that it is the void periods that eat into profit from investment property. Martin & Co has some of the lowest void periods of any letting agents, with a national average of just 12 days. This bears testament to our proactive, early and effective marketing. Let us know who you let with currently and we ll let you know what their average time to let is.
- Simplicity we believe that life is too short to be bamboozled by sales representatives and negotiators aiming to earn the largest commission that they are able to. That is why we keep our rates simple and transparent. Our appraisals are our opportunity to speak with you honestly and realistically about the valuation we recommend for your home.
- Flexibility all sellers are different. We will provide a service that is tailored around your needs. It is for that reason that we are the only high street estate agent that offers both a traditional and online sales service, where you can do as much or as little of the work involved in sales as you would like.
- Competitive Fees Our fees are highly competitive and totally transparent .
- 1.44% (inclusive of VAT) for our traditional sales service.
- GBP 699 (inclusive of VAT) for our online service.
- Honest Investment Advice we offer whole of market investment advice. Unlike some of our competitors whose main focus is to sell their properties, we believe that an investor should purchase the property that is right for them and will provide the best return on their investment. We believe that by offering this impartial advice, investors are more likely to use our letting agent services to let and manage their properties.
- Free Investment Advice We produce complimentary, commitment-free investment appraisals for investors. We are always available to discuss your investment criteria in order to build options to suit.
When you are in need of a either a letting agent or sales estate agent you can trust then please contact us to discuss all of your property requirements, including sales, lettings, property investment advice or property management. Alternatively you can follow our blog which provides commentary on the Plymouth property market at http://plymouthpropertyinvestor.blogspot.co.uk/