With the project running until Sunday we’re sharing seven super tips on how you can help your children cope with the strains lockdown can place upon their young shoulders.
- Listen – Ask them how they are feeling and listen to what they have to say.
- Support – There have been difficult times for all children during lockdown, so remember a supportive word can go a long way.
- Involve – Stay involved in what they are doing and show interest in their activities and opinions.
- Serious – Show their feelings matter by taking what they say seriously.
- Routine – Build and keep to a positive routine. Be that around bedtime, playtime or when home school starts.
- Active – It’s very beneficial for children’s mental health for them to stay physically active.
- Love – Remember this quote: ‘The child that has unconditional love has the greatest gift the world can offer.’
We hope you found those tips useful.
At Martin & Co, we’re proud to support Children’s Mental Health Week.