Letting your property for the first time may seem daunting. However with the right professional team next to you and with a clear understanding of what will happen during the process, you should have a stress free experience. As a fellow landlord, I will be there if you need a friendly hand. Please call me on 07984-408093, any day, any time, and I'll keep you right. Eduardo Prato, Director, Martin & Co Aberdeen.
From your first contact with Martin & Co Aberdeen you should expect the following sequence of events:
1. Review Martin & Co Aberdeen documentation sent by email.
2. Book an appointment at the property to receive a rental appraisal and get additional advise about how to maximise the return of your property.
3. Instruct Martin & Co Aberdeen, initially verbally (a written contract will follow shortly)
4. Complete the following key steps to put your property on the market as soon as possible:
- Register on the Landlord Registration Scotland so that you receive your own 'Landlord Registration Number'.
- Send the details of a current EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) of the property (it should be no more than 10 years old). If you don't' have one, instruct Martin & Co to organise one on your behalf. Clear funds in Martin & Co Client Accounts will be required prior to organising the EPC.
- Instruct a 360 Interactive Virtual Tour and Professional Photography pack to maximise the return of your property. This is optional, but highly recommended. Properties with 360 Interactive Virtual Tours consistently let faster than properties marketed with agency pictures only. Clear funds in Martin & Co Client Accounts will be required prior to organising the 360 Interactive Virtual tour.
- Hand over initially one set of keys so that viewing can start as soon as a, b and c have been completed
- Sign (digitally) the Martin & Co Terms of Business on DocuSign. It will be a great long term relationship, so let's get started on the right foot by clearly understanding what to expect from each other.
5. Login into your own PropertyFile account and keep track of viewings and additional activity going around your property. The Martin & Co Aberdeen team will keep you updated.
6. Instruct Martin & Co to organise any additional compliance items that may be required, including:
- Interlinked smoke and heat detectors / alarms
- CO2 detector / alarm
- Electrical Inspection Condition Report (EICR)
- Portable Appliances Test (PAT)
- Legionella Risk Assessment
Note: Clear funds in Martin & Co Client Accounts will be required prior to organising the 360 Interactive Virtual tour.
7. Receive the expected call and email confirming that an applicant has paid a deposit for your property!