Martin & Co has commissioned new special edition market intelligence reports focusing on our 30 years in the private rental sector. These reportsexplore how the market has changed nationally, in London and in Scotland since Martin & Co's first let in 1986. Key findings include:
- A 135% increase in the number of private rented sector homes
- 346% increase in number of 35-44 year-olds privately renting
- 71% of 16-24 year-old households are privately renting, up 32% from 1986
- The Private rental sector doubled in size from 1986, to a fifth of the entire UK property market today.
- An expected 100,000-200,000 households per year, for five years, to move into the PRS.