If you are planning to sell in 2021 you should consider acting now to take advantage of the traditional surge in interest from serious buyers.
Surely not with Christmas just round the corner I hear you ask.
Well did you know that:
- Traffic on property portals skyrockets on the days between Christmas and New Year.
- Although a time of celebration, Christmas is a time of contemplation; one when many people make major life decisions.
- Some decide – after hosting family on Christmas Day – that their home is too small and they need something with more room.
- Some finally get around to having a frank discussion with elderly loved ones about downsizing.
- Some couples commit to finding a “forever home” together, or sadly decide it’s time to go separate ways.
So if you’re contemplating putting your home on the market next year our recommendation is instruct an agent now so that you have plenty of time to get the photography, description, floorplans and Energy Performance Certificate sorted in good time.
Also hold off on your Christmas decorations for now as the key to good property photography is getting rid of clutter. Firstly remember property photos aren’t family snaps so minimising personal items on show is a must. Secondly if your property doesn’t sell before Christmas, the photos will look dated if they feature wreaths, presents, and Christmas cards.
So, there we have it, get the photos done first and then go for broke by decking the hall with boughs of holly and light up your Christmas tree, relaxed in the knowledge that you’ve taken the right steps to ensure a prosperous New Year.
Here at MARTIN & CO, we want to help make your plans for 2021 a reality. Get in touch now for expert advice on how to make those dreams come true.