Here’s hoping we still have some weeks of summer left to enjoy and whilst going abroad appears seemingly more difficult why not enjoy summertime memories closer to home and don’t forget to take a picnic!
Within the Thackley area we are able to visit beautiful parks and outdoor spaces and thanks to the BBC’s Good Food website, we have some super ideas to share with you for snacking success.
1) Preparation is everything, take time to plan what equipment you need to bring. Cool boxes, ice packs, cutlery, napkins, waste bags and particularly important now – hand sanitisers and wipes.
2) Think about food safety, ensure any meat, dairy or fish dishes aren’t laid out for too long before you start tucking in and remember to use those hand wipes we mentioned earlier.
3) If you are picnicking with others, subject to distancing guidance of course!, it’s worth preparing a main dish which can be easily divided and shared when you are outside. Pies and tarts are particularly good as a main course because they are easy to share.
4) No picnic is complete without bite-sized snacks like sausage rolls, veggie pasties and mini pork pies or salad wraps and don’t forget the salad, colours of vegetables making up a salad look good but also do you good.
5) And finally finish with a treat, every great picnic should have a sweet option to complement all those savouries. Cookies, brownies and shortbread are easy to share and even easier to eat.
Enjoy the rest of summer and don’t forget to let us know your favourite picnic spots around Thackley. STAY SAFE.