What else can landlords expect from a TPO registered letting agent?
- Recommended Rents. The rental figure given by the agent must represent current market conditions. The agent must be able to support any figure given, and, wherever possible, it must be based on comparisons with similar properties in a similar location.
- Terms of Business. The agent must provide written Terms of Business that confirm the landlord's requirements and clearly state and explain all fees and charges.
- Marketing your Property. The agent must comply with various requirements about how ‘To Let' boards are displayed, how viewings are conducted, and whether marketing should continue after an offer is received.
- Viewings. The agent must follow the landlord's instructions on how viewings should be conducted. He will record and pass on to the landlord any feedback from viewings.
- References. The agent will take due care in obtaining the references of potential tenants.
How do you tell if a letting agent is a TPO registered letting agent?
All agents must display the TPO logo on windows, advertising and stationery. If you need help in finding an agent you can contact the Ombudsman's office or look at the TPO website www.tpos.co.uk
All agents are required to display copies of the TPO Consumer Guide in their office and make copies available, free of charge, on request.