2020 is now behind us and we can draw a line under this ‘unprecedented’ year whilst having the opportunity to welcome in a new year and one which brings new hope.
According to polling website You.Gov 10 of the most common resolutions people have made over the past five years are:
- Exercise more.
- Eat more healthily.
- Lose weight.
- Budget finances better.
- Learn something new.
- Spend more time with friends and family. (Fingers crossed).
- Get more sleep.
- Reduce stress.
- Travel more (here’s hoping).
- Focus on spiritual growth.
And here are five of the most common resolutions we hear home seekers in our area make:
- A home with more room.
- A home nearer loved ones and/or good schools.
- A home with a room or space enabling working from home. (A new one for 2021).
- A home with a bigger garden or easy access to open space.
- A home with friendly neighbours.
At the heart of people’s resolutions is always a sense of hope, here at Martin & Co we’re hopeful the next 12 months will be much better than what we’ve endured in 2020.
Finally, we’d like to thank all our clients, colleagues, and our community for your support this past year.
Here’s to hope, happiness and to happier times ahead.