Yesterday, Sunday 6th September, saw National Read a Book Day taking place all over the UK and despite the impact of Covid 19 it’s a great time to get in to a good book.
Three reasons why reading a book is a brilliant way to pass the time?
- Relax – Immersing yourself in a good story is a great way to chill out
- Escape – 2020 has been a year most of us would like to forget, what better way of doing that than losing yourself in a good book?
- Cost effective – When fully open Libraries enable you to borrow books for free, but don’t forget charity shops where you can usually bag a literary bargain.
Still not convinced, well if you still miss technology there are always e-books and audiobooks.
Organisations that are behind National Read a Book Day want to get everyone enjoying reading, especially our younger generations in Saltaire.
With that in mind, here are three tips aimed at helping a younger audience develop a love of reading.
- Studies have shown there is a beneficial impact on children when you spend ten minutes a day reading with them so why not start on Sunday?
- Exchange 30 minutes of screen time for a routine of reading with or to each other.
- Have fun by allowing children to choose their favourite books to read before they settle down for the night.
Here at Martin & Co our favourite stories involve helping our clients to move onto the next chapter of their lives.
Let us know about your favourite book and why?