Due to a period of continual growth, and with further expansion planned, an award winning Estate Agency situated in Merthyr Tydfil currently requires an experienced Maintenance Planner. You will ideally have knowledge of property repair and maintenance within the lettings or rental industries, be aware of current legislations and guidelines for property rentals, plus be able to show commercial awareness.
In return you will join a team of driven individuals within a growing company where every day is different. After the initial probation period a competitive salary and commission package is available for the right candidate.
1. Personal performance, conduct and presentation.
2. Property management issues relating to all managed properties
Compliance with statutory property legislation.
- Manage all property maintenance issues.
- Liaise with Landlords, gain quotes and liaise with contractors for works to be carried out on properties.
- Arrange inventories, gas safety certificates, EPC's and all other legal documentation to ensure that all managed properties comply with current legislation.
- Liaise with independent inventory company and front office staff to ensure a smooth check in/out process.
- Deal with any complaints that may arise from Landlords and Tenants.
- Handle deposit dispute negotiations.
- Chase overdue rental payments.
- Handle all landlords correspondence post let.
- Ensure all data is entered into the Property Management system to guarantee continuity of filing systems.
- Complete property management notes to track progress of maintenance issues.
- Notify utility companies of all new tenants and change of occupants including the forwarding of all meter readings.
- Deal with general maintenance issues promptly with relation to the existing managed portfolio.
- Monitor contractors' performance and approve invoices received for onward payment by the accounts department.
- Arrange repairs in order of priority and in accordance with company terms of business, ensure strong and prompt communication with landlords is maintained.
- Monitor the progress of all maintenance issues, up to the point of payment of the suppliers invoice to ensure all works have been satisfactorily completed.
- Manage the property diary system to ensure that all reminders, gas safety inspections, management visits and tenancy renewals are completed on time.
- Handle any overflow business with regards to call handling, viewings, booking appointments etc.
- Informing your Branch Manager of any ideas which may improve performance and efficiency.
- From time to time perform duties outside of this job description reasonably requested of you.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Maintain the level of service and quality standards set out by the company
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, courtesy and efficiency in dealing with the public.
- Manage the property portfolio in order to maximize, build and retain clients.
- Provide careful and considerate advice as and when necessary.
- Source skilled tradesmen to compliment current portfolio
- To operate with the confines of the Housing Acts and Lettings legislation.
- To operate to the standards set by our regulatory bodies.
- To provide a positive attitude and help with company growth
This is a general summary of your job description. The company reserves the right to amend or add to a job description in order to accommodate the needs of the business.