National Landlord Day at Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh on Tuesday 12 November 2013 – at the time of emailing we have only 39 places left and we do expect another sell out event, the sixth year running.
If you would like to attend and have not yet booked, please do this as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. You can find out more and book online here. Alternatively we’d be delighted to take your booking by phone on 0131 564 0100 or please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can call you.
Remember that your conference fee and travel to the event are fully allowable expenses to set against the tax paid on your letting income.
For those of you already booked you have a great programme to look forward to. Our speakers are all now confirmed as below. Some great offers are now being publicised by our exhibitors including free draws on the day for delegates to win fab prizes plus special show discounts on goods and services. See exhibitor list here
What’s on at the 2013 National Landlord Day conference and exhibition?
This year the conference will be chaired by BBC political editor Brian Taylor, back by popular demand. Highlights include:
- Scotland's Housing Minister Margaret Burgess MSP keynote speech on the Scottish Government plans for the private rented sector
- Hannah Frodsham from the Office of Fair Trading will explain the vital role the organisation plays in private rented sector consultations and why it’s essential for SAL members to get involved and make their views known
- SAL’s own John Blackwood talks about some changes being considered for Scotland’s tenancy regime
- Graeme Brown director of Shelter Scotland is speaking on supporting good landlords. He’ll be taking your questions and comments. He’s keen for a feisty debate and we expect he’ll get one
- Welfare Reform and the new Universal Credit, which is rolling out right now with Inverness the only Scottish pilot area. Whether you let to tenants on benefits or not these changes and cuts will impact everyone
- Carl Bayley on the pros and cons of investing in property through a company. Will it save you thousands of pounds, or just give you more to worry about? Carl tells all. He’s also running a drop in property tax clinic all day in the exhibition area
- Letting market data including analysis of recently released census data from Citylets’ Dan Cookson
- What can social media do for landlords and letting businesses and what are the risks. Emer O’Leary of Social Sorted will give some top tips for everyone from the newbie to the social media savvy
- Energy saving advice – bring your property EPCs with you to get tailored advice from experts from the Home Energy Scotland advice centres
- 42+ trade exhibitors with great offers and freebies for you – see the exhibitor and sponsor list here
- Yes/No – what are the property implications? With the independence referendum within a year, our panel debate will discuss what might change in letting if Scotland left the UK, plus take audience questions
- Property Tribes will be there filming soundbites for YouTube
- Delicious refreshments all day all inclusive in the delegate fee including hot breakfast rolls on arrival and fork buffet lunch
SAL Members £50 / Non-members £95