Many family homes continue to double up as school classrooms so here we share a number of ideas to help children and teenagers take a break from their screens.
Remote lockdown learning in addition to gaming and social media use probably results in many youngsters spending the majority of their waking time looking at computer screens.
Obviously from an educational perspective it’s essential but it cannot be over emphasised the importance of ditching the digital and doing something different that doesn’t involve screen time.
So how about:
1) All gather around and play a board game.
2) Cook a meal together.
3) Draw how they think the homes of the future will look.
4) Have a paper aeroplane flying contest.
5) Play balloon sports, football, tennis etc. – works inside and outside.
6) Read a book.
7) Start the day with a walk.
8) Write a note to a school friend and post it.
Here at Martin & Co we love points 1 (anyone for buying houses in Monopoly?) and 3 – it’ll be great to see what your architects of the future create so feel free to share their drawings with us.
Thanks for reading and stay safe, stay hopeful and stay active.