|M:||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|T:||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|W:||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|T:||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|F:||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|S:||9:00am - 1:00pm|
The multi-award winning branch of Martin & Co Estate Agency in Cambridge is located on the corner of Mill Road and Thoday Street in the heart of Romsey Town, Cambridge. Established in 2007, Martin & Co Cambridge is known as one of the city’s top lettings and property management companies, with an excellent local reputation and a strong team of professional well-trained & qualified staff.
The Cambridge Lettings and Estate Agency office specialises in residential buy to let properties, providing full coverage of all areas of Cambridge, as well as covering many of Cambridge’s surrounding villages, including: Barrington, Bar Hill, Cambourne, Caxton, Comberton, Cottenham, Duxford, Fen Ditton, Girton, Granchester, Great Shelford, Hardwick, Harston, Haslingfield, Histon, Horningsea, Madingley, Oakington, Sawston, Shepreth, Stapleford, Swavesey, and Waterbeach.
Agency Administration Fees, Referencing, & Inventory Check-Out Costs
Please see below for a full list of fees which apply when you choose to rent a property with us (fees are listed below with bullet points, for easy reference). Our aim here is to be completely transparent with any and all charges you may expect, so as a tenant, you do not sign up to rent a property without knowing the full costs involved. All applicable charges are also made clear in our Terms of Business for Tenants, a copy of which is provided at the time of applying for a property. If you would like a full copy of these terms, please just let us know. We also offer tenant fee information to prospective tenants at the time of arranging to view a property.
List of Applicable Fees & Costs:
- Agency Administration Fee = £100 (inc VAT) per prospective tenant.
- Referencing Fee (including guarantor referencing) = £75 (inc VAT) per person (This includes: financial reference and credit score, employment reference & previous landlord/agent reference).
- Renewal Fee, per property = £75 (inc VAT) (If you want to negotiate a further tenancy term or tenancy extension, have a new agreement drawn up, signed by the landlord, and copies provided).
- Inventory Check Out Charge = Calculated (inc VAT) based on the size of the property: Studio flat or 1 bed: £96, 2 bed: £120, 3 bed: £144, 4 bed: £162, 5/6 bed: £180.
Inventory Check Out Charge Explained:
We ask your Landlord to pay the cost of a professional independent inventory to be carried out at the beginning of the tenancy, and we ask you as Tenant to pay for the Inventory Clerk to return to within 48 hours of your moving out to carry out a further inspection. This inspection is necessary to confirm that the property has been left in a satisfactory condition, so that we can release your deposit to you in full without deductions.
Fees Applicable During Your Tenancy (in certain circumstances only):
- Substitution of a tenant: £100 per tenant (if you need to leave the tenancy early (subject to the landlord's consent), or if you want to exit the tenancy and have another tenant take your place).
- Remedial work following check out: £25 per job (if you leave the property in an insufficient condition whereby we need to arrange for a contractor to attend to carry out remedial work).
Charges We Will NOT make:
To give you peace of mind, below we highlight items we will not charge you for:
- Copies of tenancy agreements - REISSUED FREE
- Referencing for future landlords, mortgage applications, other purposes - FREE, UPON REQUEST
- Out of hours appointments - FREE (where possible)
- Bounced Cheques - NO PENALTY CHARGE (but you can expect regular contact from us, if rent is unpaid)
- Late Rent Payments - NO PENALTY CHARGE (but you can expect regular contact from us, if rent is unpaid)
- Legal Notices - NO PENALTY CHARGE (but you can expect regular contact from us, if you are not adhering to the terms of your tenancy agreement)
- Replacement of Lost Keys - NO PENALTY CHARGE (but you must pay for the replacement of any lost keys, and where security of the property is compromised, you may have to cover the cost of a locksmith replacing the locks)
- Refund of Rent - NO PENALTY CHARGE (and we will endeavour to return any overpayments to you promptly)
Martin & Co Cambridge is a Regulated Letting Agent:
We are a member of the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) and as such we adhere to their strict codes of practice for letting agents, as well as being a voluntary member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme. Furthermore, we are a member of the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS) - which too governs the way in which we operate, as well as the related SafeAgent scheme - and as such we hold all client monies in a separate client account with full Client Money Protection (CMP) in place at all times. All tenants deposit are registered and protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS).
Martin & Co Cambridge has established itself as one of the leading lettings specialists in the city, and boasts a friendly, well trained and proactive team of professional staff, ensuring customer satisfaction and value for money are at the heart of everything we do, and that our clients and their properties get the very best service at all times. The branch is owned by local brothers and landlords Nick, Charlie and Julian Diggle, who are dedicated to providing the very best lettings and property management services to landlords and tenants in Cambridge and the surrounding area.
Martin & Co letting agents in Cambridge is a licensed member of both the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), SAFEagent, and the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS), ensuring high standards of letting practices, client accounting and customer service, and offering peace of mind to both landlords and tenants. Staff are qualified with the National Federation of Property Professionals (NFoPP), and attend regular industry training to stay ahead of changing legislation and housing law.
With close links to the local community, each year Martin & Co Cambridge helps raise money for the Arthur Rank House Hospice, a locally based registered charity, established to meet the needs of people with cancer and other illnesses. We also sponsor the local St Philips Primary School summer fete.
Cambridge is well known as a hot spot for buy to let investors, mainly due to the nature of the local economy and population, providing continuous and unrelenting tenant demand, strong rental yields, and good prospects of capital growth in property values. Cambridge is often referred to as one of the most desirable places to live in the UK. The city is rich in history and has been dominated for many centuries by the University, with its splendid buildings and stunning architecture, giving Cambridge much of its beauty, charm and unique character.
The city’s economy is supported by a number of large employers, one of the biggest being Addenbrooke's hospital, and a significant proportion of the city’s wider workforce is employed on short- and medium-term contracts or university posts, sustaining the demand for good quality rental accommodation in the city. Cambridge’s population is set to grow dramatically in coming years, and due to the nature of the local economy, the city will continue to be characterised by a robust economy and highly-mobile and transient professional workforce.
One and two bed flats remain in high demand, largely due to the high numbers of professionals and academics who visit the city each year for short-term posts. Three and four bed family homes are also in great demand as many struggle to afford to buy in the city centre and more popular residential areas and surrounding villages. For second home owners, the positive economic and employment conditions in Cambridge often lead movers to choose to hold onto their property assets for the medium or long term, as property prices and rental income often outweigh the overall benefit of selling up.
Recent research from an independent marketing consultancy claims that only half of UK landlords use a letting agent. Other parties estimate the figure…
Read more >
18th April 2013, Cambridge, UK - MPs have this week approved steps designed to protect tenants and landlords from rogue letting agents, by forcing all…
Read more >
Martin & Co letting agents in Cambridge, property market news update:
Growth in Private Property Lettings
Recent figures released from the…
Read more >
Choosing an estate or letting agent in Cambridge need not be a difficult process. At Martin & Co, we continue to be 100% focussed on residential…
Read more >
Martin & Co Letting Agents in Cambridge are continually seeking to give their clients informative and considered advice on new buy-to-let investment…
Read more >