We are the ONLY Estate Agent in Aberdeen that is member of ARLA, LAS and NALS.
Besides the highest commitment to compliance, we offer a first class customer service.
Our customer support team average 1 hour 54 minutes to reply to any query that you send us. Our online Customer Support Centre allow you to visualise the status of any of your queries, as well as offering a vast and always increasing Knowledge Base if you wish to gain a deep insight of the property letting business. Please visit our Customer Support Centre here. If you are one of our current landlord or tenants you will be able to access real time information about any current activities ongoing at your property.
Achieve not only the highest rent, but also the best quality tenant. To rent you property we use 21st century technology, combined with our high street presence, including:
1. A UK wide portal (www.martinco.com) with over 200,000 unique hits per month.
2. Access to a wide range of internet portals (Rightmove, Lettingweb, S1homes, Zoopla, Citylets)
3. Use of online 3D views and walkthroughs to promote your property. We are the only agency in Aberdeen that provides this facility
3. A very active and successful presence in internet Social Networks (Facebook, Google+ and twitter).
4. Access to our list of 'Ideal Tenants' (applicants that have been vetted in principle, they urge a property, but no property has been found for them yet).
5. Ample, 2 storey office in Rosemount Place, the heart of the residential letting industry in Aberdeen.
6. Presence of our branding all across Scotland, including Glasgow area (5 offices), Edinburgh area (4 offices), and Dundee, on top of Aberdeen.
Letting your property
All applicants go through a rigorous vetting process which includes a face-to-face meeting with the tenant, thorough credit and background check (completed by a specialised team). Once we are satisfied with the result of our vetting to our high standard, if you wish we can still present all the information to you so that you can have the final decision.
The leasing agreement documentation has the highest standard, covering all eventualities, based on the experience that Martin & Co gains thanks to the 30,000+ leases that we secure UK wide every year.
After all the legal formalities, deposit and rent payment have been completed, the tenant is met at the property where a thorough handover is carried out to make sure that both us and the tenant are fully satisfied.
The management of your property includes:
1. A dedicated team member in charge of your property. You always have access to this person to discuss any matter of you property.
2. Rent collected by Direct Debit. We are the only letting agency in Aberdeen that collects the rent by Direct Debit and not the out of date ‘Standing Order’ method. Yes, we go the extra mile (and we cover the cost of it), but the Direct Debit system gives the letting agent much more control and transparency on when and how payments are made. This system is backed up by a Credit/Debit Card collection system should it is required.
3. Monthly and year end statements: You receive a monthly statement, as well as a yearly one. If you wish us to issue additional statements at a particular period, we can also accommodate this.
4. Regular inspections: Your property is regularly inspected, and a report including description and pictures is sent to you.
5. Management of repairs: As soon as a problem is either noticed by us or reported by the tenant, we arrange for our tradesmen to attend the property and fix the problem if it is minor, or provide quotations for your perusal if the cost is above our agreed authority limit.
6. Full management of the end of the tenancy.
Independent inventory and condition report at the beginning and the end of the tenancy.
Compliance, compliance, compliance!
We love compliance. So on top of our operation being extremely compliant, we also make sure that your position remains compliant whilst you use our service. We advise you on your position regarding:
1. Landlord Registration
2. Repairs Standard Obligations
3. Tenancy Deposit Scheme
4. Gas Safety Check
5. Energy Performance Certificate
6. Fire, Furniture and Safety checks
7. House of Multiple Occupancy (HMO)
Once again, all of the above is carried out by the only team in Aberdeen that has:
1. Triple certification (ARLA, LAS and NALS), which gives you the highest assurance of our professionalism in the residential letting industry.
2. A Top-Class, transparent, and fast Customer Support Centre: We are very proud of our average response time to any enquiry (1hour 54 minutes at present), so we just want you to benefit from it.
We provide the service that you and your property deserve.
Our office consists of 15 well-trained members dedicated to customer satisfaction day in and day out.
Eduardo Prato and Rosario Luna are responsible for the efficient operation of Martin & Co (Aberdeen).
James Taylor works closely with the Directors. He supervises and motivates the team and makes sure that team members comply with our strict operational procedures.
Lettings Department Manager: Debbie Hepburn is in charge of the team that will make sure that we find and vet the best tenant for your property timely. She has a strong group of negotiators to achieve this
Letting negotiators: Wojtek Celinski, Evie Moir and Kinga Wrobel charge of letting your property to the best tenant available after a thorough vetting has been completed. They liaise with landlords, conduct viewings and complete applicant referencing check. They also prepare and complete our comprehensive tenancy agreements, tenant’s content insurance, the check-in to the property and utility transfer.
Property Management Department
Property Maintenance Department Manager: Jenny Lees is in charge of the overall supervision of the property management service.
Property Management Administrators: In charge of maintaining your property to a high standard, liaise with the tenants for routine inspections and routine maintenance. The team consists of Monika Miara, Nicole Webber, Stacey Smith, Linda Bialik, Gemma Tudhope and Hannah Thompson.
Property Inspectors: Anna Pryczak and Wojtek Celinski are in charge of carrying out the interim condition reports to ensure that your property is being kept up to a high standard.
Accounts Administrator: Kirsty Morrison and the team of Crossley (The Accounts Department) are in charge of managing the clients accounts, processing of payments to landlords and contractors, collection of rent and deposit return to tenants.
All team members regularly attend training covering subjects set by the Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA), Landlord Accreditation Scotland (LAS) and the National Approved Letting Scheme (NALS), in house and in external venues.
The Oil and Gas industry latest development has pushed for a very high demand of property in Aberdeen never seen before. The demand never slowed during the winter, and now with the eyes in the summer, we are gearing up for a big influx of tenants in the next few months.
We have a very high demand of high quality properties in the West end of Aberdeen, as well as Cults, Peterculter, Westhill and Kingwells.